The process of making true soap is a chemical reaction between various oils and sodium hydroxide (lye). The chemical reaction, called saponification, changes the raw ingredients into soap and no lye remains in the final product. I use goat milk in all of my soaps for the benefits it adds. Goat milk is rich in vitamins A, D, B1, B6, B12, C and E and is high in medium chain fatty acids such as capric, caprylic and caproic acids. Goat milk has alpha-hydroxy acids which attach to dead skin cells and help them fall off naturally which allows the nutrients in the bars to easily absorb into the skin.
Benefits of Goat Milk Soap
- It’s all natural! All ingredients in our goat milk soaps are high quality, natural products. No parabens, alcohol, or synthetic preservatives.
- It’s moisturizing! Goat milk soap will not dry your skin like commercial detergent bars or liquid soaps. The rich ingredients closely match the natural pH of your skin and leaves it feeling soft and silky.
- It’s protective! Goat milk soap is antibacterial while not being harsh.
- It’s nourishing! The vitamins and fatty acids in goat milk soap nourish and protect the skin layers.
- It not only feels great, it smells great! What’s your favorite aroma? Fresh? Warm? Spicy? We have a selection of fragrances to please everyone.
- It’s made locally! Prairie Run Naturals, LLC is based in central Ohio and each bar is handcrafted using fresh milk from our own dairy goats. From our loving home to yours.
Premium All-Natural Ingredients
We keep our ingredients simple: fresh goat milk, coconut oil, palm oil, olive oil, castor oil and sweet almond oil. Essential oils, fragrance, colors and flowers and herbs from my garden are included in some of the recipes. Handcrafted with loving hands, our goat milk soaps provide a luxurious, creamy bar for your enjoyment.